- A characteristically vague attempt to explore the baffling Venn of work, study and life -

Wednesday 10 March 2010

We're gonna need cake... Lotsa cake...

I'm hatching plans involving Moodle training in the college.

Instead of trying to get everyone to fit their teaching into Moodle, I'm going to suggest doing it the other way round. We start with the teachers and what they want to be able to do, and we see if Moodle is the answer. It may not be, and that's something we need to accept.

But here's the thing. I've studied the demographics, I've walked around the college and I've made more than a few transactions in the currency of hair/shoes/bag compliments that hold so much value in my office. Two conclusions:
  1. There's a lot of women in teaching
  2. People who take their work as seriously as I do are few and far between
Improving your teaching is a simple process of talking to other people and trying new things. If we could get people together to talk to each other about their teaching, we'll be onto a winner. How do we do that, given my two conclusions above?


No comments:

Post a Comment